Tenants: Frequently Asked Questions
3rd Mar 20

Tenants: Frequently Asked Questions

3rd Mar 20
Q: Can I renew my tenancy when it’s approaching the end of the fixed term?            
A: Yes, assuming the landlord is agreeable and the new terms proposed by the
landlord are acceptable to you.

Q: How binding is the Tenancy Agreement I enter into?
A: A Tenancy Agreement is a legally binding document. You will be committed to
paying rent until the end of the agreed term and you could face legal action if you
break the terms of the agreement. If your circumstances change for any reason
during your tenancy we can approach the Landlord on your behalf and discuss
possible solutions, but you should always assume at the outset that you will be
committed for the duration of the Agreement.

Q: How do I reserve the property I would like to take?
A: Simply contact us, and we can make arrangements. Get in touch via online form,
https://www.bluestoneproperties.co.uk/contact-us or by phone 0208 355 3405.
Generally a Tenant Registration Form would be completed, a deposit would be
taken, and references would be gathered. Tenancy of the property will not be
offered unless full references are provided and found to be acceptable.

Q: How is my deposit stored, and how is it returned to me at the end of my tenancy?
A: Current legislation requires that all deposits be lodged with a government-
approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Bluestone Properties use Mydeposits for this
purpose. They will hold your deposit for the duration of the tenancy, and they will be
responsible for its release to you at the end of the tenancy. Full details of the scheme
& release arrangements will be provided to all tenants.

Q: Who do I contact in the event of an emergency during my tenancy?

A: First Ensure that you are experiencing a true emergency and that the issue cannot
be resolved during our normal opening hours. Please remember that if a contractor
is called out as an emergency when a repair is not justified, you may be liable for the
An emergency is something that could not have been foreseen, and which could
cause serious damage to the property or put someone
For most emergencies call the emergency services on 999
If you smell gas or detect a gas leak call the National Gas Emergency service on 0800
111 999
You will also be given our out of hours emergency contact number for issues such

  •  Loss of electrical power or light
  •  Blockage of your only toilet
  •  Loss of heating or hot water
  •  Broken windows or doors following a break-in

Q: Who pays the Council Tax and other bills?
A: All utility bills are your responsibility except where agreed otherwise in the
Tenancy Agreement. You must set up your accounts with your chosen suppliers
upon moving in and close those accounts at the end of your tenancy.
Council Tax bills are also the tenant’s responsibility. You will be registered with the
appropriate local council and will be responsible for council tax costs for the
duration of the tenancy.

Q: Do You Charge an admin fee to tenants?
A: No, we do not charge tenant fees.