There is no denying the letting industry is hugely adaptable. The sector has faced many problems over the years, and while there have been peaks and troughs, the industry has always made progress. On many occasions, new and emerging technology has driven progress in the industry, and this is the case in 2020.
Dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic has been problematic, and many of these issues will persist for some time. However, in dealing with short-term issues, there will likely be some long-term solutions which are of benefit to the industry.
Landlords are encouraged to consider the benefits of video content and virtual tours in reaching prospective tenants, and in managing current tenants.
Danny Zane is the chair for The Association of the Independent Inventory Clerks (AIIC), and he commented on the demand for video tours in the lettings and property market as of the summer of 2020.
Danny commented; “We have seen a demand for virtual viewings/tours from lettings agents and estate agents in recent weeks. This is clearly due to the current Covid-19 situation. Before this pandemic inventory clerks were not often compiling tours of properties via video for prospective tenants or house buyers. Agents are also not used to using this method for viewings either and preferred good old-fashioned viewings on-site together.”
Danny also said; “Finding virtual and video ways to carry out viewings is clearly a great solution for those that need to move at this time and to help ease the stagnant housing market.”
Stepping aside from the issues facing the industry from the COVID-19 pandemic, landlords have plenty of reasons to offer virtual tours to their audience, and to include video content on property listings. Some of the most valid reasons to offer this style of content include:
• From a business viewpoint for agents, virtual tours are ideal for lead generation, which aids landlords in the longer-term
• It allows tenants the chance to get a second opinion from someone they trust
• It allows your rental property to be viewed by a larger audience, and from more locations
• Virtual and video content is critical for SEO, which helps agents but can also help landlords reach more prospective tenants
• Virtual and video content is more likely to be shared on social media
• Virtual and video tours can also be incorporated into inspections and check-ups
• Virtual and video tours show you are an innovator, which many tenants wish to see
• Virtual tours increase the rental intent from physical viewings
• Virtual tours make it easy for prospective tenants to view the property on multiple occasions or consider certain aspects
• Virtual tours reduce the number of wasted viewings
If you aren’t already creating and providing this sort of content, you should, and we can help.
We offer a range of letting services to landlords in Tooting, including tailored options which ensure you receive the best support at all times. If you would like to arrange an appointment to help you negotiate the local buy-to-let market, please contact Bluestone Properties today by calling us on 0208 355 3405 or emailing us at email@example.com.